AFP extends all-out offensive vs. BIFF for another 3 days

9:03:00 AM
MANILA, -- The Armed Forces of the Philippines on Wednesday extended for another three more days its all-out offensive against the Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters, the splinter group of the Moro Islamic Liberation Front.

In a text message to GMA News Online, AFP spokesperson Lt. Col. Harold Cabunoc said AFP chief General Gregorio Pio Catapang Jr. ordered another extension for the clearing operations in the affected areas.

"Due to ongoing operations and the objective has not yet been accomplished," Cabunoc said when asked why the all-out campaign against the BIFF was extended again.

This is the third extension since the military announced that it was set to end its all-out offensives against BIFF members last week.

At the same time, Cabunoc said they are still verifying the location and condition of Filipino bomb maker and Abu Sayyaf member Basit Usman.

Members of the Philippine Marine Corps unload assorted ammunition, artillery projectiles from a PAF C-130 Hercules cargo plane at the Maguindanao Airport on Sunday, March 8, 2015. More supplies for AFP drive vs. BIFF arrived in Maguindanao.

Share this

Related Posts

Next Post »